Hi, Everyone! I just wanted to do a quick video tour of my new Web site, just in case you haven’t had a chance to explore yet. I want to make it as easy as possible for you to get around. I hope you like my new digs as much as I do. I can’t wait to add blog posts and tutorials. Today, this is a short video tour of what’s new and what stayed pretty much the same.
If you’re in a hurry and don’t have time to look at the video below, here’s a summary of the new and the old.
- Home Page: the home page is an overview or directory of the newest and most recent blog posts. The newest blog post will always be at the top, followed by 4 of the most recent blog posts on the site. If you like the traditional format for blog posts, just click on “Blog” in the menu under my logo or on the “Read More from the Blog” button under the newest post. That’s nice and simple, right? Also, at the bottom of the home page is a gallery of my patternmaking tutorials and sewing tutorials. If there are more than 4 tutorials, you can click the “Show All” button to see them all in one place.
- Start Here Page: the start here page is a gallery of all my blog posts by topic. It gives the new visitor a place to start until they become familiar with my site. But those of you who are familiar with my site can also use it as a quick path to individual blog posts.
- The 2nd menu (at the very top of the page): this menu is a quick path to the patternmaking tutorials, sewing tutorials, the sewing curve facebook group, sewing tip posts and sewing resource posts.
- Email List Image: the image in the sidebar has changed because the old one did not go with the new “decor” of this site. If you’re already on my email list, there’s no need to sign up again.
- Popular Posts: also in the sidebar is a list of popular posts on my site. These posts were either the most read or commented on, received a lot of pins on Pinterest or a lot of views on YouTube.
- Blog Page: the blog page still lists each blog post in the traditional blog format. So if you like that way better, there’s no need to navigate through the home page. If there’s a specific post you’re looking for, just type in 2 or three keywords in the search box at the top of the sidebar. (Don’t you hate it when you have to search for the search box?)
Well, that’s pretty much it. I’ve gotten some very positive feedback, so thank you to all who have already told me what you think about the changes. I’ll be posting some new things this month, so stay tuned.
So, what do you think about the new Web site? Let me know in the comments.